Ways to Acquire an Employment-Based Visa in the U.S.

Source: medium.com

For some people, working in the United States is a dream come true. Establishing your name in your field of expertise and gaining experience from a foreign country is a thrilling experience. You get to experience a whole new culture and meet new people while honing your skills.

There are a lot of ways a foreign national can acquire an employment-based visa. Check here to know more about the different kinds of visas available for you. Make sure to research and assess your current situation to be prepared for the whole procedure.

Source: Deccan Herald

Apply for the EB1A Visa

In the EB1 visa category, there are three subcategories; EB1A, EB1B, EB1C. If there is one thing that sets the EB1A apart from the other two, it is the applicant’s ability to self-petition. If you are eligible to petition yourself, you won’t need to wait for a job offer from an employer in the United States.

Instead of looking for a job before entering the U.S., you can enter the U.S. first and then look for a job. This may seem ideal and the best way to go, but there is a catch. This visa is reserved only for the people who are on the top of their field.

If you are gifted and throughout your life, you have been dedicating time, effort, and passion into mastering your craft, then this is the perfect way for you to get an employment-based visa. If you are the cream of the crop on a specific field such as athletics, business, education, etc. you are eligible for an EB1A visa.

Of course, you still have to prove your exceptional abilities to qualify. You are maybe wondering, “How can I prove myself and get that visa?”, the answer is straightforward. All you have to do is gather documents that show you are an achiever in your area of expertise.

Relevant awards, such as the Nobel Peace Prize, can be your evidence. However, if you are not a major international award recipient, you can still provide at least three evidence. Lesser-known awards, published articles that you are the topic of, having a high salary compared to other people in your field, etc., can be used as evidence.

Source: Medium

Apply for Job in the U.S. through websites

Look for websites that are catered to foreign nationals hoping to work in the United States. Usually, they have a database of different U.S. companies that are willing to hire foreign nationals. Contacting your local Labor Department can also help you find jobs.

Write in your notes about the jobs you are interested in. After doing your research, figure out what is the one job that you want. Consider all the benefits you are going to get along with the situation. Update your CV and write a cover letter before applying online.

If you are a professor or a researcher, look for universities that are offering tenured positions. Tenured jobs are the only option available for those who are working at the academe.

Prepare for your interview while waiting for a reply from the company you’ve applied to. Once you’re hired, prepare the documents that you need to obtain a visa.

Working as a professional with a four-year degree in college/university, or a skilled worker, even an unskilled worker, is made possible by the EB3 visa. There are many job opportunities for foreign nationals in the U.S. Even if you are not qualified for one visa, and you can still choose from different employment-based permissions.

Source: The Points Guy

Apply to your local company’s parent branch, affiliate in the U.S.

If you are employed at a U.S. owned company in your country, look for openings for their U.S. branch. This is one of the benefits of being engaged to them. They know what your capabilities are and your work ethics.

Note that those who have been working for a managerial position and executive position are qualified to apply. Since you have experience working as a manager or an executive, it’s only natural that the position you’re going to apply to is the same. Under the EB1C visa, foreign nationals working in the managerial/executive position for a U.S. company are given a chance to enter the U.S. if they are working with the same area.

Source: US Embassy in Thailand

Working as a Religious Worker is another way of getting a visa

Religious workers are considered as special immigrants. Under the EB4 visa, special workers are given the privilege to enter and work in the U.S. If you are a minister of religion, you can enter and work as a minister in the U.S.

You have to present evidence that you are a religious worker to qualify for the visa. While religious workers are the commonly known type of special immigrants, broadcasters, armed forces, and many more are considered.

Source: Visa Reservations

Invest in a U.S. business

Foreign investors can enter, work, and stay in the U.S. under an employment-based visa called the EB5. If you are an investor and you want to invest your money in the U.S., this is the perfect way for you to acquire a visa.

Make sure you invest an amount of 900,000 up to 1,800,000 U.S. dollars to a commercial business to get the visa. The enormous amount of money is equivalent to ten full-time jobs in the U.S. File for the needed forms.

Once you have filed your forms, make sure that the USCIS approves it. Since you are an investor, you allow other people to have a job; you won’t need to get a Labor Certification.

The ways mentioned above are just a few of the many ways you can get a visa and work in the United States. Make sure you know what your current situation is, and you are determined to work in the U.S. The process can be complicated, and there are many available options for you, which can be overwhelming. If you know the available choices, you can easily select the best category that fits you.