How Long Does It Take to Get a UK Fiancée Visa?


If you are seeking to immigrate to the United Kingdom and marry a British citizen, you will need to apply for a fiancée visa. However, not all potential spouses are eligible for one – in particular, if your fiancée is not a British citizen or resident. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about applying for a fiancée visa in the UK.

What is a visa?

This is a document that allows someone to enter a foreign country. They can be obtained from your country’s embassy or consulate in another country. There are many types of visas, but the most common are tourist visas and business visas. To apply for one, you will need to submit an application form and proof of your identity and citizenship. Depending on the type of visa you are applying for, you may also need to provide documentation such as a passport or birth certificate. The application process can take several weeks, so be prepared to wait a while before you know if you have been approved.


What is a UK fiancée visa?

A UK fiancée visa is adocument that allows a foreign woman to live and work in the United Kingdom as your fiancée. This document is unique in that it does not require you to have met your fiancée in person. Instead, you can apply online and receive approval within just a few days. Additionally, this visa offers several benefits, including the ability to apply for British citizenship after marriage. To know what kind of visa you need to marry in the UK, will give you the right information.

What are the requirements for a UK fiancée visa?

The most important thing is that you must be in a relationship with the person you want to marry. You will also need to provide evidence that the relationship is serious and that you intend to marry the person. You will also need to provide documentation proving your relationships, such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate.

The process of applying for a UK fiancée permit can take several weeks, depending on how busy the embassy is. The application fee is £160, and you will also need to provide two passport-sized photos.


How to apply?

The process is relatively straightforward, but there are a few things that you will need to know beforehand. Here is everything you need to know about applying for a UK Fiance Visa:

– First and foremost, you and your partner must be age 18 or more.

– You will need to have proof of relationship. This could be anything from an official wedding certificate to photographic evidence of being together. You can also show letters or even video recordings. If you are unable to provide this proof yourself, you may need to get someone else to do it for you. Make sure that your documentation is up-to-date and complete so that the visa officer can understand your relationship better.

-You will also need to provide evidence that your fiance is legally allowed to live in the UK. This could be documents such as a passport or residency card.

-You will need to provide evidence that you have enough money and resources available to support your fiance during their stay in the UK. This could include documentation such as income tax returns or bank statements.

-The person applying for this type of document must prove their knowledge of the English language. It is usually done by taking a test. The most common way to satisfy the English language requirement is to submit an A1 English language test certificate.

How long can you stay in the UK on a Fiance Visa?

If you are granted a Fiance Visa, you will be able to stay in the United Kingdom for a total of 6 or 30 months. You must be married or entering into a civil partnership in order to get the initial 6-month period. After the 6 months is up, your partner can then apply for a Spouse Visa, which can extend for as long as 30 months.


How long does it take to get a UK fiancée visa?

The process takes about  6 months if you submit a non-priority application and 6 weeks (30 working days) if you purchase the priority service (if available). but it is important to note that the time frame is subject to change. In order to speed up the process, you should make sure to gather all of the necessary paperwork and fill out the correct forms. Additionally, be prepared to answer any questions that your consulate may ask.

What if my visa is refused?

There are a few things you can do. You can appeal the decision, which may or may not work. You can also apply for a student visa, which is a different type of document that is specifically for students. If you have a job and you can prove it, you may be able to get a working holiday pass. This will allow you to stay in the UK for up to six months and work while you’re here. You can also speak to one of our immigration Solicitors, who will be able to advise on the best steps to take to ensure a successful outcome of your case.



Congratulations on your upcoming UK Fiance Visa! If you are planning to marry a British citizen, or if you are already married to a British citizen and plan to live in the UK permanently with your spouse, you will need to apply for a fiance visa. In order to be granted it, you will need to meet several requirements, including demonstrating that your relationship is bona fide and that you have the financial resources necessary to support yourself and your new spouse during your stay in the UK. We at The Immigration Law Firm can guide you through the application process step-by-step so that you have no trouble meeting all of these requirements.